Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cancun, Mexico



Our trip to Cancun was amazing! Besides the airline trouble and staying in Dallas our first night and losing then finding my luggage at the end, I loved everything about it. We stayed at the GR Solaris, which is an all-inclusive resort, and ended up extending our trip one day because we didn't want to miss out on any of the fun we missed out on by staying in Dallas. The all-inclusive was definately the way to go down there! The food was awesome, especially the fresh guacamole every hour or so, the service and entertainment was so fun, and the room was very nice. The beach was of course incredible, and the water in the ocean was warmer than the water in the pool! We took the city bus downtown a couple of times, which was a little sketchy to be honest, but it was all part of the experience. Those bus-drivers are insane!! We also rented a little "mini" car and drove to Talum for the day. It was about a two-hour drive, and totally worth it! We saw the ruins and learned the significance of them and then cooled off by snorkeling at a local beach. We loved our trip, and can't wait to go back... someday!


This is me after the meltdown I had at the airport when I found out we had to stay in TEXAS-Brett was so nice to calm me down. I didn't take any pictures of our Texas stay, because frankly I was not in the mood, and there was nothing to take pictures of. Seriously. Texas is blah.



In Tulum, that guy is holding some nasty dog.
So weird

Our car was so tiny, but at least it had air-conditioning!



Getting ready to go out and see some sweet fish!





On our way downtown..

This girl sang for us, and then went up and

down the bus asking for money! So cute!

I saw this boy, and the other boys in the grocery

store and was very concerned about child labor.

I asked him how old he was, and he said 16.. there is

absolutely no way this kid is 16 years old.. maybe 10!


Brett worked so hard with the airlines and the hotel to extend
our stay. It was stressful, but well worth it!






The Chinese meal we had made by Mexicans..
not so good, but oh well. It was very fancy!

Brett's friend he made on the trip- We danced one night in the lobby with
a live band, and this guy and his girlfriend were so awesome,
I was wishing I had a video of it so bad!

The last morning, before we began the long trek home!




5 comments:

An average mom named rachel said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! What an awesome end to summer! Call us... we need to catch up!

Lindsey said...

So fun!!! I'm jealous, but glad you got to come home in time to go boating! ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa and Breatt,

We are glad that you had fun! We can't wait to see you both next weekend! We are coming to Salt Lake next Thursday and will leave on Sept 4th.

We love you both sooooo much...
Love, Aunt Liz & Uncle Dave

andy'n'jess said...

It sounds like you two had a great time...minus the a few difficulities! But those just make these trips more memorable. Let catch up soon!

Lisa and Oliver said...

Lis, that picture of the beach and pool is so beautiful and it makes me want to go back to Mexico so bad! Looks like you two had so much fun! Oliver and I had a suprise layover in Texas when we were going to Mexico on our Honeymoon, so I know how you felt :)